April 5, 2007

Joost TV: Day Zero...

Well, The folks over at Joost started passing out more beta invitations, including one to me. I'm not really sure how many they sent, but I told them I'd love to blog about testing it out since I was a journalist with an affinity for technology.

Joost, for all of you who don't know, is an Internet T.V. program that offers high quality streaming television for free. The catch is that commercials are embedded into the shows. These are more customizable to each user (so I'd get lots of computer commercials instead of 'Polly Pocket' toys). The trade off is that you can choose shows at your convenience instead of waiting to see stuff you like on a programming schedule.

It seems very cool and I'll admit I got excited after seeing the channel list (over a hundred to choose from). Yet, it seems like I'll have to wait a bit longer. The Mac version of the software isn't supported by PowerPC's yet. And since an Intel machine is a bit out of my price range at the moment I'll be waiting until they add support.

I've e-mailed the staff about the matter, but until then I'll be sticking with the faithful old school set.

No comments: